There is a typical, real-world twenty-four hour day.
There are four weeks in each month, each ten days long for a 40-day month.
There are eight months, each forty days long for a 320-day year.
The Current year is 1800 in the third era. (1800 3E)
Omo(The Planet) is at the center of the universe. It’s not science, people. It’s fantasy.
Most objects in the sky rise in the east and set in the west.
Akon shifts in its orbit around Omo, creating seasons at different latitudes. It’s shifts are identical to earths’ angle from the sun.(Roughly 23 degrees)
Derwan’s orbit is precisely opposite of Akon, but in a flat, simple orbit along the equator.
These two factors create reliable perfect lunar eclipses at the spring and fall equinoxes.
Derwans waxing and waning is such that at there is a full moon at the end and beginning of each month, and a new moon in the middle of each month.
Krand does whatever it wants. It sometimes appears in the daytime sky, sometimes in the night. It has no regular orbit.(going so far as to stop and go backwards, or north) It grows closer and shrinks farther away from Omo at whim. It does wax and wane- but has sometimes not reached a full moon for a whole year, other times sprinting through its phases within a week, and still other times going deciding to wax full again after only waning for a day or two.
The largest holidays are celestial in origin, and are celebrated by all cultures.(though sometimes differently) They are:
- The Spring Equinox
- Midsummer Eve
- The Fall Equinox
- Midwinter Eve
- Krand Day (Solar or Lunar eclipse involving Krand)
Each “Celestial Holiday” grants a magical effect to spellcasters, due to the interactions of the Major Deities. Krand’s day affects non-spellcasters as well.
- The Spring Equinox – Channeling Positive Energy on this day heals/damages one extra point per die rolled. Channeling Negative energy heals/damages one point less per die rolled.
- Midsummer Eve – Enchantment(Charm) spells are at +2 DC or extended without preparation or raising the casting level . Caster’s choice.
- The Fall Equinox – Channeling Negative Energy on this day heals/damages one extra point per die rolled. Channeling Positive energy heals/damages one point less per die rolled.
- Midwinter Eve – Abjuration spells are at +2 DC or extended without preparation or raising the casting level. Caster’s choice.
- Krand’s Day – Flip a coin and another d20 whenever a d20 is rolled. On heads, take the more favorable result. On tails, take the less favorable result.
In addition to these, there are many other holidays which vary by region, nation, race, culture, and/or continent. They will be discussed in the relevant locations.