Character Creation, Campaign Rules
- For character creation, use 25 statistical points to purchase abilities.
- While the Pathfinder SRD has a huge amount of races and classes, we will only be using books that we have physical access to. Right now, those books are : Core, APG.
- Third-party material will be accepted on a case-by case basis.
- Gunslingers are right out.
- Characters will start at level two. We will be using the ‘normal’ experience track.
- Wealth By Level(WBL) says 1,000 gold for a second level character. No more than 50% of that amount may be spent on any one item. Characters introduced at higher levels will require ‘finessing’
- No evil characters, or worshipping evil Deities.
- No character comes from noble birth.
- You may have two traits, maximum. Traits must be from different trait lists.
- If any character wishes to take the leadership feat, the DM must be notified three levels in advance.
- Failure to give 48 hours notice (two full days) of non-attendance will be met with a fine: One Large Pizza (your choice of toppings) at the next session. Exceptions are allowed for funerals and births. (Peter’s Law)
- If you will miss a session, you may choose to either have your character acted by one other player (for full experience) or do some other task. (Spell research, weapon forging, establishing contacts, etc.)
- Four missed sessions in a row, for any reason, results in your character retiring.
- Four cancelled sessions in a row spell the death of the campaign. Note that an agreed-upon hiatus is different from a cancelled session.
- Masterwork Items now give a range of bonuses.
- Critical Successes and Failures are slightly altered.
- Rules discussions longer than three minutes are to be played by “DM Fiat” until the end of the session, and then will be discussed exhaustively and researched online if need be.
- If a character willingly retires and is replaced by a new one, the new character will come into the party at the same experience point total and wealth as the retired character.
- If a character dies and is replaced by a new one, the new character comes into the party at the average experience level for the party and standard wealth for their character level.
- Dead characters are expected to have their wealth be spent on a fancy tomb and be buried “with their boots on” to help preserve WBL advancement.
- We will also be using prestige points, blatantly ‘borrowed’ from Arsheesh. Credit where credit is due. While an adventure log update certainly counts, other articles can be written for Prestige Points. Ask me for details. It should be noted that Arsheesh’s list has been modified to reflect my personal taste, and the ‘official’ prestige point guide for Lesnon can be found Here. Maximum of three prestige points awarded between sessions. More can be earned, but will be awarded between later sessions.